miniADSB receiver installation at Hůrka, Prague, Czech Republic, Central Europe.
FPGA decoder kit
If you are interested in FPGA decoder kit, see this link and visit miniadsbrx yahoo group.
This page is about particular installation using this decoder and miniADSB receiver.
The house on thich side the antenna was attached is under reconstruction. New antenna will be installed after reconstruction of balcony will be done. Receiver is now working with small wire antenna behind the window.
The receiver consists of several parts:
- Antenna + lighting arrester + miniADSB receiver + comparator + RS-485 transmitter on pole
- approx 20 meters of classic ethernet cable (1 pair for data, 3 pairs for power supply)
- RS-485 receiver + FPGA decoder with ethernet available as kit
- internet :-)
- Intel Atom N270 server running 24/7 with PlanePlotter running on Linux (under Wine), serving also several web sites including this one
Location of receiver
View Larger Map
VK4TEC's antenna: link, photo.
There are minor changes made to the miniADSB receiver:
- a 47nH SMD inductor (size 0402) was added on the antenna input
- a ESD suppressor paralel to the inductor, 0603ESDA-TR of Cooper Bussman
The receiver succesfully survived a heavy thunderstorm just one week after its installation, and this was almost miracle (we have got broken windows) link, link.
FPGA decoder board
The decoder is available as kit. See page about the kit.
Receiver provides along others raw timestamped "AVR Format" data. They are accessible by TCP, at hq-hurka.zuban.name port 7777 (IP address is not static and may change).
The data are also available using over HTTP (as endless file) at http://hq-hurka.zuban.name:7780/rx).
The decoder has only limited number of sockets (currently 6) so please do connect only for evaluation and do not connect for long time to keep this
available aslo for others.
Sample of current receiver operation
These statistics images are downloaded directly from the decoder's web interface (http://hq-hurka.zuban.name:7780):
|Number of received Mode-S messages per minute
|Number of planes
PlanePlotter test page
To south-west, south and south-east up to 180-220nm, north about 100-150nm. Unfortunately because of nearby buildings to north-west, no coverage of Ruzyně airport.
zuban2 (at) zuban (dot) name